If the radar sensor is installed at an incorrect angle, the radar sensor cannot detect obstructions and the system may not operate normally. When installing the radar sensor, verify that there is no damage or deformation to the installation area (shroud panel) and perform the installation correctly.
If the radar sensor (front bumper, radiator grille) gets hit, the radar sensor angle could change and obstructions cannot be detected correctly which could result in an accident. In this case, always verify the DTC, perform the radar sensor aiming adjustment, and verify that the installation angle has not deviated. (See RADAR SENSOR AIMING [MAZDA RADAR CRUISE CONTROL (MRCC) SYSTEM].)
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. (See NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE DISCONNECTION/CONNECTION [SKYACTIV-G 2.5].)
2. Remove the front bumper. (See FRONT BUMPER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
Radar sensor connector
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
5. Perform the radar sensor aiming adjustment. (See RADAR SENSOR AIMING [MAZDA RADAR CRUISE CONTROL (MRCC) SYSTEM].)